Monday, January 4, 2010

New Year . . .New Thoughts

I NEVER thought I would be a person who sat down and wrote my random thoughts for others to read (or not), but today I met someone who convinced me otherwise. If nothing else, this is a great place to put it all in writing, makes me feel more accountable.

After much thought; tears; discussions with my husband; thought; and tears; I have decided to bite the bullet and make 2010 a year to remember! I have decided to hang my own shingle and start my own consulting/coaching biz.

I find that the hardest thing I have ever done in my life is have children. Don't get me wrong, this is also the best thing I have ever done in my life; but I was not at all prepared to have to re-adjust my life for these amazing little people who turn to me for everything. I tell you this, because it brought me to the decision to start my own business. I want to make my schedule. I want to work, be a mom, be a wife, be a friend, go on field trips, attend class holiday parties and still contribute financially to my family.

I love working with people, speaking my mind, giving my (not always asked for) opinion, so I figured I will try to make a living out of these talents - enter the birth of Seamless HR Solutions. I am still trying to wrap my head around what this business will grow into, but for now I would like to be the HR ear for small businesses and associations. I want to help keep organizations compliant, help with their HR needs, but most importantly, be there for Executive Directors and CEOs. Be the problem solver, the outside observer, the person on the other end of the bat phone.

So, here in this new decade, I am putting myself out there in hopes that what I have been doing professionally for the past almost 15 years will be useful to small businesses and associations. If nothing else, this blogging is a great exercise in free therapy.

Until next time . . .

4 comments:

  1. Welcome to HR/business blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you - best of luck with the new business. I like the way you write!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck to you with your new business in the new year! I enjoyed reading your blog, and look forward to more insightful and useful posts. :-)

    Deena Alansky
    Web & Graphic Designer
    www.deenasportfolio.com

    ReplyDelete